Monday, December 19, 2016

Who's knocking on our door in the middle of the night?

First let me explain why I chose to call my blog, I dreamt I saw Joe Hill last night. I did that because this is a wonderful title for a  folk tune about a dream. A very important collective dream about freedom and about struggle. The content could be many different things of course, but the fact is that we all dream. At the present time, a lot of us dream about struggle because we are in difficult times.
But what happens when we dream? As soon as we lay our heads down to sleep, our unconscious takes over. Then in the morning we wake up and we recall the strangest images which came to us during the night or the morning. Marie Louise Von Franz calls the dreams : Letters from God. I am convinced that she is right, and that is why I am dedicating this part of my life to the analysis of dreams. Whenever we check our "God mail" there is important information for us to consider. The key to understanding dreams is to look at the images which comes up, and also to look for repetition. It is in the repetition that the Numinous, the Holy, knocks at our door. In the post to come I will work with dreams, but also with spirituality and other issues. Stay tuned.

1 comment: